independent governor vacancies
The Corporation is now seeking to appoint two Independent Governor vacancies on our Board. We welcome applications from individuals who would like to help shape the strategic management of the College, gain new skills and experience and use your knowledge and experience to make a difference. We would particularly welcome applications from those with an Audit / Finance background, although this is not a requirement.
Become an Independent College Governor
- Become involved in overseeing College activities
- Use your experience and knowledge to make a difference
- Help shape the strategic direction of the College
- Monitor the financial well-being of the College
- Gain new skills and experience
- Meet new people and network
What Skills Are Needed?
- Commitment to improving education for all students.
- Ability to work in a professional manner as part of a team and take collective responsibility for decisions.
- Willingness to learn.
- Commitment to the college’s mission and core values.
- Basic literacy, numeracy and IT skills (ie. email and word processing). With further training provided to support your role.Training and support is offered and available to all new and existing Governors.
- You do not need to have governance experience to be a Governor. We have Governors with backgrounds in business, charity, education, government, law, accountancy, IT and audit.
- We are committed to the principles of equality and diversity. Our appointments are made on merit, taking into account skills gaps and we particularly welcome applications from groups not yet represented on our Board.
- Training opportunities are provided for all Governors.
- All new Governors are assigned to an experienced mentor to support them through their first term.
- Terms of office are usually between 2 and 4 years.
- Meetings are usually held midweek 4:30pm – 6:30pm on site.
- All Governors must complete safeguarding checks (DBS), annual eligibility declarations and complete a declaration for the Register of Interest.
For more information please contact Laura Skarratt, Clerk to the Corporation at Laura.Skarratt@wilberforce.ac.uk or telephone 01482 711688 or complete the Independent Governor Application Form:
Wilberforce Sixth Form College Corporation are seeking outstanding individuals to join our Governing Body as Parent Governor.
Being a governor presents an exciting opportunity to:
* Become involved in overseeing College activities
* Use your experience and knowledge to make a difference
* Gain new skills and experience
* Help shape the strategic direction of the College
* Monitor the financial well-being of the College
* Meet new people and network
Applications are welcomed interested individuals who are parents / carers of current students at Wilberforce. Please see the links below for further information about the opportunity.
The deadline to make your application is 12 noon on Friday 30 September 2022.
For more information please contact the Clerk to the Corporation, Laura Skarratt, at Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org