Do you want to study at one of the country’s best universities? We can help you get there.
An offer for university and a dream job in the future is not just a matter of good grades. This ever-competitive and complex world needs people with insight to understand challenges and creativity to deal with them. The Wilberforce Excellence Programme is a bespoke programme designed for students to excel. By being part of this programme you will be supported to progress into the world’s top universities and leading careers.
What is the Excellence Programme?
Our Excellence Programme supports students to gain places at the top universities, higher level apprenticeships or positions in top careers. You will be offered a range of support, additional mentoring and opportunities, such as:
- Mentor progress meetings with an Excellence tutor
- Additional qualifications and courses such as the EPQ, Preparing for Teaching and Preparing for Business
- HE tutoring and support, for example mock interviews with university professors
- Summer internships
- Oxbridge and Russell Group university visits, master classes and residential workshops
- Acting as a Wilberforce student mentor
- Active roles on the Student Union
- Volunteering positions such as working in local primary schools, work shadowing with top employers and cultural events
- Enrichment activities such as debating competitions, green energy projects and the robotic project
Meg graduated with a first in MSci Natural Sciences (Physics), and won the Cambridge Tessella Prize for the best use of software in her master’s project. She is now at UCL doing a PhD in Computational Medical Physics: Proton Beam Cancer Therapy, funded directly by the UCL Graduate Research Scholarship.
Studied: A Levels Chemistry, Further Maths, Maths and Physics