Y11 Future Student Event Sat 28th November
Welcome to our Future Student Saturday. ALL CONTENT FROM TODAY IS NOW AVAILABLE ON CATCH UP – JUST USE THE LINKS BELOW.
Today is themed around the 8 steps to find out why you should make Wilberforce your number 1 choice.
So sit back and relax in the comfort of your own home, follow the steps and click your way through your Wilberforce journey via the subject-specific videos, student experiences, fantastic performances, live Q&A’s, plus much, much more.
Join in our three Live Q&A sessions:
10am: Colin Peaks, Principal at Wilberforce College, and his Senior Management Team. Click here to join in. ( or see Step 1 below)
10.30 am: Ask a Student. Meet our Student Ambassadors, hear about their Wilberforce experience and ask them a question. Click here to join in (or see Step 4 below).
The 8 Steps to Wilberforce
STEP 1: Welcome to Wilberforce
Hear from our Senior Management Team about what you can do to prepare for your next steps, what is expected of you as a Wilberforce student, and how we can support you for your future. Click here to join in this live session at 10am.
STEP 2: Choose Your Course –
Find out more about A’ Levels and BTECs below. You can of course combine the two so you study a total of three subjects:
Interested in studying A’ Levels? Watch this video to find out more about these qualifications at Wilberforce and how they can help you get to the job or degree you’re after.
Interested in studying for a BTEC? Watch this video to find out more about these qualifications at Wilberforce and how they can help you get to the job, apprenticeship or degree you’re after.
Watch specialist course overview videos for many of the subjects we offer below, to find out more and what future careers or degrees you can go on to, following your studies at Wilberforce. We’ll be adding to these throughout the year.
STEP 3: Supporting Your Future – Watch this video from our Careers and Employer Engagement team about the advice and guidance you can receive during your two years with us.
STEP 4: Student Experience – Don’t just take our word for it – see what our students have to say and ask them a question if there’s something you want to know. This is a Live Q&A session which you can join in by clicking here
You can also watch these videos of current students, telling you what it’s like to be a student here, the difference between school and sixth form college, and why they chose Wilberforce:
- Bradley Harrison – The Marvell College
- Harrison Creaser – Trinity House
- Heather Leader – Malet Lambert
- Kieran Daniel – The Marvell College
- Olivia Sawden – Malet Lambert
- Rosie Littlewood – Withernsea
- Max Oades – The Marvell College
- Roberto Ilive – Sirius Academy North
- Ellie Broadley – The Marvell College
STEP 5: Virtual Tour – Take a virtual tour of the college, see our social spaces, classrooms and the fantastic facilities we have on offer. Ready? Come on in!
STEP 6: Wilberforce LIVE – Watch sessions throughout the event from our staff and students:
- Spotlight on IT – Tutor Patrick delivers a lesson in web design, including uploading podcasts, Youtube videos and Google Maps.
- The Appliance of Science: Join Dr Martin Walker in his laboratory where he shows you how to make home-made lava lamps!
- It’s Showtime: watch Music Performance student Mia Newlove
- Behind the Scenes: Take a tour with Music and Performance Teacher Lewis Marrow as he shows you our music, recording and rehearsal spaces.
- Gaming: If you love gaming and want to do one of our courses such as Creative Digital Media Production, then you’ll love this Creative Digital History of Computer Games
STEP 7: Upskill For Your Future – Watch our Upskilling Programme Manager Adam Bolder as he tells you about the benefits of our new enrichment extra-curricular programme (the USP).
STEP 8: APPLY NOW!: This video will guide you through our application process and give you hints and tips for the next coming months.
AND FINALLY!: Watch these videos to inspire you and help you make Wilberforce your First Choice!
- Wilberforce College brand new promo video!
- Wilberforce College – national leaders in digital teaching and learning. Watch this video to see how our students love using Microsoft Teams for learning in and out of the classroom, keeping in touch with their teachers, and why the Department for Education named us as an EdTech Demonstrator College
And that’s it! We hope you enjoyed your morning with us and that your had your phone interview to secure your place for next September. All presentations will be available to watch again on catch-up after this event using the links above.
We look forward to meeting you and welcoming you as a Wilberforce student for the 2021/22 academic year.