In partnership with CHCP, Hull City Council and East Riding of Yorkshire Council
DFN Project SEARCH provides internships and employment training for people with a variety of learning disabilities and Autism spectrum conditions aged 18-24. The programme lasts one academic year and boasts a range of internship opportunities including catering, administration, stock management and more.
Interns participate in two to three placement rotations to explore a variety of career paths. Each intern works with a Job Facilitator and Job Coach, Host Mentor and their families to create individualized employment goals.
To be eligible for DFN Project Search Hull, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have an Educational Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- You must be aged between 18 – 24
- You must be a Local Authority Resident (Hull & East Riding of Yorkshire)
- You must have the ability and desire to progress and change your behaviours around work and employment
- You must be willing to access public transport (travel training will be provided)
Please download and complete this application form for consideration to be part of the Project SEARCH course 2022/2023
WHAT TO EXPECT
1-2 hours a day at the Project Search base, learning employability and life skill
A typical workplace day, working 5 hours per day.
Independent travel to work placement.
Support from Project Search team during and after the internship