Principal's Message - Covid Update
Following the ending of Covid restrictions, we have been considering the implications for our College, students and staff.
Whilst there are no legal measures in place like there has been for the last two years, it is clear that Covid remains present in society. As such, we are continuing to follow the advice and guidance of the Department for Education and the NHS.
So what does that mean for our students?
- Our current measures of ventilation and good respiratory hygiene (Catch it, bin it, kill it) remain.
- Testing kits are no longer provided.
- Students who have symptoms of Covid and have a high temperature, or don’t feel well enough to do their normal activities, should not attend College. They should try to stay at home and avoid contact with other people until they no longer have a temperature and feel well enough to resume normal activities.
- If a student tests positive, they should follow the appropriate guidance, according to their age:
- Students aged 18 and under who test positive should not attend College and should try to stay at home, avoiding contact with other people for three days. This starts from the day after they have tested positive.
- Students aged over 18 who test positive should not attend College and should try to stay at home, avoiding contact with other people for five days. This starts from the day after they have tested positive.
- Students should follow normal absence reporting procedures.
Our priority remains the safety and wellbeing of our College community and I hope that we can all continue to act sensibly. As always, we will continue to monitor the situation and update or introduce measures as required.
Finally, I’d like to thank you again for your continued support throughout the Covid period. Hopefully, we’ll be able to get back to complete normality very soon.