We welcome applications for study and employment from all individuals, regardless of any protected characteristic as defined in the Equality Act 2010 and socio-economic background.
Wilberforce College has a Single Equality Scheme and an Annual Report and Action Plan. These can be found by following the links below. An annual report is published each year.
The College will continuously strive to:
- Develop an awareness of equality and diversity issues amongst all staff, students, governors and visitors
- Encourage the promotion of equality and celebration of diversity in all aspects of College life
- Foster good relations between persons who share protected characteristics and persons who do not share them.
- Ensure that all members of the College community are valued equally
- Eliminate discriminatory practices, ensuring equitable treatment within the College and responding promptly to any concerns regarding inequitable treatment
- Eliminate all forms of harassment and victimisation
- Monitor equality and diversity and deal with any concerns which arise
- Comply with all general and specific duties set down by the public sector equality duty