The range of courses on offer is outstanding. Wilberforce students achieve exceptional results, and their track record in winning top university places and going on to exciting careers is second to none. There’s the opportunity to take part in drama, music, sports and charity events, or simply to make new friends and have a wonderful social life.
Choosing to come to college is about being ready to make some changes and move on, and Wilberforce is the top choice for most young people in the area. This website will give you a real sense of life as a college student, and you can come to visit us on one of our many open days and evenings. I hope you will be encouraged to make Wilberforce College your college.
OUR CORE VALUES ARE:
- We conduct ourselves with integrity and respect for all
- We make students’ experience central
- We value individuals and promote self-esteem
- We work as a team
- We encourage innovation, creativity and enjoyment
- We aim for excellence in everything we do
THE WILBERFORCE WAY
All Wilberforce students will experience and benefit from outstanding teaching, learning and assessment.
To ensure this, all lessons will:
- Begin promptly, with a task on entry to get students into the right mindset for the lesson (learning begins as soon as students enter the room)
- Have clear aims and differentiated objectives which are displayed, taught and used to stretch and challenge all students
- Include regular questioning and a range of AFL strategies, which are used to check on students’ progress against learning objectives, and interventions are made quickly to make sure that all students make sustained progress
- Be sufficiently differentiated so that every student makes progress, regardless of starting points or background
- Develop students’ competency in English, Maths and, where appropriate, ICT
- Encourage wider employability skills, including good attendance and punctuality
- Promote equality and diversity, tackling all forms of discrimination, and celebrating and supporting individual differences