Creative Arts Event
For our Creative Arts Event, the plan is for employers to deliver a series of talks to groups of students, studying Performing Arts, Visual Arts, English, Travel & Tourism, Film Studies, Business and Hair & Beauty.
The focus of this event is as follows: Creative arts are one of the most fulfilling pursuits in life. They provide an avenue for self-expression, creative fulfilment, and enjoyment. It also happens to be one of the UK’s fastest growing industries.
Art is an expansive field comprised of many sub-categories, each with its own unique demands and opportunities. Some artists are better suited to traditional fine art methods while others thrive in digital or graphic arts; some find fulfilment as teachers, educators, curators, writers, producers; others prefer careers primarily behind the scenes in administrative positions. We want to help emerging artists hone the tools they need to get started or advance in their creative careers.
Tuesday 17th January, 2023
The Atrium, Wilberforce Sixth Form College
The event will run from 9.30am to 2.30pm each day
Information that could be shared with students and staff includes:
- Information about what your company does.
- For employers, a talk about a particular job role within your company (linked to the focus of the event).
- For education providers a talk about how the courses you offer link to a career
- For any of your employees delivering the talk – a history of their career – what they studied at school, college, university, how this helped them progress into the job they do today.
- Information on the general employability skills needed to work in your industry, as well as specific skills for particular roles.
- The importance of Maths and English in any role within your organisation.
- Some information that will inspire students and help them prepare for the world of work.
- You may like to bring along a practical activity for students to try that links to either their course or your organisation to increase their understanding of your company.
- The opportunity to make use of our immersive space – an innovative approach that will permit employers to use digital technologies to promote their organisations.
Be part of our events...
If you would like to be a part of our events, please click the button to complete our Form of Interest: