For our STEM Event, the plan is for employers to deliver a series of talks to groups of students, studying Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Geography.
The focus of this event is as follows: STEM careers fall within the fastest growing sector in the UK, with demand for skilled engineers and scientists in a huge range of jobs. Technology is advancing rapidly, and we need to upskill our ageing workforce quickly and effectively, meaning there are career opportunities within STEM for everyone.
Our college’s aim is to challenge the perceptions of who works in STEM; shine a spotlight on the huge value and transferability of STEM skills; and raise awareness of the variety of roles in STEM and opportunities within the STEM industries.
Tuesday 14th March, 2023
The Atrium, Wilberforce Sixth Form College
The event will run from 9.30am to 2.30pm each day
Information that could be shared with students and staff includes:
- Information about what your company does.
- For employers, a talk about a particular job role within your company (linked to the focus of the event).
- For education providers a talk about how the courses you offer link to a career
- For any of your employees delivering the talk – a history of their career – what they studied at school, college, university, how this helped them progress into the job they do today.
- Information on the general employability skills needed to work in your industry, as well as specific skills for particular roles.
- The importance of Maths and English in any role within your organisation.
- Some information that will inspire students and help them prepare for the world of work.
- You may like to bring along a practical activity for students to try that links to either their course or your organisation to increase their understanding of your company.
- The opportunity to make use of our immersive space – an innovative approach that will permit employers to use digital technologies to promote their organisations.
Be part of our events...
If you would like to be a part of our events, please click the button to complete our Form of Interest: