Zero Carbon Careers Event
For our Zero Carbon Event, the plan is for employers to deliver a series of talks to groups of students, studying Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Geography.
The focus of this event is as follows: The Humber region is home to a large number of industries, supplying everyday goods from petrol to construction materials, metals and plastics, chemicals and food to name but a few. The Humber employs large numbers of people in these sectors, with around 60,000 people employed in manufacturing alone. It is the largest industrial hub in the UK and emits more CO2 than any other UK industrial cluster – up to 50 per cent more than the next largest.
By decarbonising, Humber industry will be able to remain competitive with other similar industries around the world who have also embraced decarbonisation. As a result it will continue to thrive, supporting tens of thousands of jobs in the region. (Humberzero)
Tuesday 11th October, 2022
The Atrium, Wilberforce Sixth Form College
The event will run from 9.30am to 2.30pm
Information that could be shared with students and staff includes:
- Information about what your company does.
- For employers, a talk about a particular job role within your company (linked to the focus of the event).
- For education providers a talk about how the courses you offer link to a career
- For any of your employees delivering the talk – a history of their career – what they studied at school, college, university, how this helped them progress into the job they do today.
- Information on the general employability skills needed to work in your industry, as well as specific skills for particular roles.
- The importance of Maths and English in any role within your organisation.
- Some information that will inspire students and help them prepare for the world of work.
- You may like to bring along a practical activity for students to try that links to either their course or your organisation to increase their understanding of your company.
- The opportunity to make use of our immersive space – an innovative approach that will permit employers to use digital technologies to promote their organisations.
Be part of our events...
If you would like to be a part of our events, please click the button to complete our Form of Interest: