Business and Finance Event
For our Business & Finance Event, the plan is for employers to deliver a series of talks to groups of students, studying Business, Economics, Maths, Law, French, Spanish and Travel & Tourism.
The focus of this event is to increase awareness of career opportunities within growing areas of business such as logistics, as well as how working in the business and financial sectors can lead to exciting careers all over the world. We also hope to inspire our young people to consider self-employment and running their own business.
Monday 24th April, 2023
The Atrium, Wilberforce Sixth Form College
The event will run from 9.30am to 2.30pm each day
Information that could be shared with students and staff includes:
- Information about what your company does.
- For employers, a talk about a particular job role within your company (linked to the focus of the event).
- For education providers a talk about how the courses you offer link to a career
- For any of your employees delivering the talk – a history of their career – what they studied at school, college, university, how this helped them progress into the job they do today.
- Information on the general employability skills needed to work in your industry, as well as specific skills for particular roles.
- The importance of Maths and English in any role within your organisation.
- Some information that will inspire students and help them prepare for the world of work.
- You may like to bring along a practical activity for students to try that links to either their course or your organisation to increase their understanding of your company.
- The opportunity to make use of our immersive space – an innovative approach that will permit employers to use digital technologies to promote their organisations.
Be part of our events...
If you would like to be a part of our events, please click the button to complete our Form of Interest: