Health & Science Event
For our Health & Science Event, the plan is for employers to deliver a series of talks to groups of students, studying Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Health & Social Care, Childcare, Applied Science & Psychology.
The focus of this event is as follows: The NHS is Europe’s largest employer, where there are more than 350 different careers – plus many more in private practice, and employees make a difference every day.
Many work with patients while others work behind the scenes. What they all have in common is that they make a difference to people’s lives. This event will allow learners to explore the vast opportunities within health and social care sectors, healthcare science and childcare, and raise awareness of some of the lesser-known roles available.
Thursday 8th June, 2023
The Atrium, Wilberforce Sixth Form College
The event will run from 9.30am to 2.30pm each day
Information that could be shared with students and staff includes:
- Information about what your company does.
- For employers, a talk about a particular job role within your company (linked to the focus of the event).
- For education providers a talk about how the courses you offer link to a career
- For any of your employees delivering the talk – a history of their career – what they studied at school, college, university, how this helped them progress into the job they do today.
- Information on the general employability skills needed to work in your industry, as well as specific skills for particular roles.
- The importance of Maths and English in any role within your organisation.
- Some information that will inspire students and help them prepare for the world of work.
- You may like to bring along a practical activity for students to try that links to either their course or your organisation to increase their understanding of your company.
- The opportunity to make use of our immersive space – an innovative approach that will permit employers to use digital technologies to promote their organisations.
The event will run from 9.00am until 2.30pm, and you will be allocated a 30 minute time slot for delivery of the above talk.
The atrium is our central area of the college, where there will be space for you to exhibit between 12 noon and 2.00pm. You are welcome to bring other members of staff to do this if you are delivering a talk. Tables will be provided, and you are welcome to bring along information leaflets, pop up banners, giveaways etc. This area will be open to all students and staff within the college to talk to you and find out more information.
Be part of our events...
If you would like to be a part of our events, please click the button to complete our Form of Interest: