Wilberforce College recognises the benefits and opportunities that new technologies offer to teaching and learning. We also recognise the potential risks and challenges associated with such use.
To help our students and staff stay safe online we regularly review our e-safety policy and publish this online on the policies page. The e-Safety policy should be read in conjunction with our Safeguarding, Child Protection, Student Conduct and Behaviour for Learning, Acceptable IT Use and Anti-Bullying policies. Concerns regarding Safeguarding or Child Protection including eSafety issues should be reported to Student Services immediately.
If you would like to explore more information about how to keep yourself and your child safe online, please find below a list of useful links and resources below.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): support for parents and carers to keep children safe online
- NSPCC/ Keeping Children Safe Online
- UK Safer Internet Centre
- National Crime Agency – Education Team
- Get Safe Online
- NIOC COVID-19 Letter To Parents, Carers and Youth Engagement Professionals
- Family Lives
- Humber Police Cyber Crime Team (Twitter)
- Humberbeat Cyber Crime (Facebook)
- Vodafone Digital Parenting
Please note that films may contain content that some viewers might find distressing. Supervising adults are encouraged to view content in advance of showing to a child.