Wilberforce Sixth Form College Corporation are seeking to appoint an Independent Governor, this role presents an exciting opportunity to;
* Become involved in overseeing College activities
* Use your experience and knowledge to make a difference
* Gain new skills and experience
* Help shape the strategic direction of the College
* Monitor the financial well-being of the College
* Meet new people and network
Governors have a very important role in ensuring the College succeeds. The work of Governors involves attendance at approximately 4 meetings of the full board, and participation in 3 Committee meetings each academic year. The meetings are scheduled for the late afternoon/early evening, to suit Governors, and last for about 2 hours. Naturally, some additional time is involved in reading papers etc before the meetings.
Being a Governor is a voluntary activity. However, the work of Governors at this College is an essential factor in the educational success of East Hull students. We are currently seeking to recruit a new Governor and would welcome interest in the post.
Clerk to the Corporation
Wilberforce Sixth Form College